a stressed out student trying to make it in the fashion journalism industry.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012


Now that i'm recieving more makeup samples from companies, i figured i would start reviewing them! If you couldn't tell, my most preferred makeup brand is Maybelline. I think all of their products are affordable, easy to use, and easy to find. If i was stranded on an island at a party and could only choose 3 makeup items to apply, i'd pick these!

Colossal Volume Mascara
I'm naturally blonde and so are my eyelashes. I love a mascara that doesn't weigh down my lashes or clump easily, and this is it! It really makes your lashes pop and fan out instead of making them look spider-like and messy.

Fit Me! Powder
I rarely ever use actual face makeup, but i figure i'd give this a shot because i'm getting pale & want to give my skin a break from tanning. I purchased 320 and surprisingly, the color looks flawless. Though i don't think i have bad skin, the powder blends nice and evenly and clears up redness and uneven tones.

Baby Lips
I am a freak about chapstick. I absolutely hate chapped lips, so i have multiple tubes of the stuff in my wallet, car, dorm room, make up case, etc. I'm a big fan of Bert's Bees, but this was a refreshing change. It claims to change your lips ("make them more supple") in 4 weeks. I'm 2 weeks in and haven't noticed much of a change but i've been using other lip care products as well. I prefer Bert's because it tends to stick on your lips longer, while Baby lips is very balmy.
tips for dry lips: lightly go over your lips with your toothbrush when brushing your teeth, the bristles remove dead skin cells. cover with a lip protectant when finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment