a stressed out student trying to make it in the fashion journalism industry.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hi, i'm Meg!
This is the awk first blog post.. but i figured i'd give some background on why you should trust me with your fashion/beauty/daily needs. I am a freshman in college working for a degree in fashion journalism. My main goal is every fashionista's dream, move to NYC and snag a job with Vogue or Harper's Bazaar. I'm from Cleveland, Ohio.. & trust me, i know what a long shot it is, making it in the fashion industry. That's why i've dedicated everything to getting my blogs/works/designs out there! I've accomplished alot this first year, I look forward to doing alot more in the future.
  • I became a columnist for Carbon Magazine in September 2011, and became columnist of the month in December. I started with the "Couture Buys for the College Budget" column and later transformed it into my current column, "Designer Spotlight."
  • In 2011 I became the fashion/style blogger for CollegeTownLife.com, and continue to randomly blog style/drink recipes for that site.
  • I write the "Budget Stylista" column for CollegeCandy.com
  • I'm the only columnist from the United States blogging for The Dolls' Factory.
  • I write the "Falcon Fashion" column for my university's newspaper, The BG News.
  • I've interned and styled fashion photoshoots for Kevin Kopanski photography.
  • I recently became editor @ Carbon Magazine.
  • I'm in the process of creating a college budget beauty column for Carbon Magazine.
  • I'm currently interning for Cleveland based fashion designer, Valerie Mayen of Project Runway.
I hope that's enough to convince you to follow me! I'm always into meeting new people, especially those involved with the industry or any type of journalism. I'm really busy this spring season, but i'll try my best to keep up with this as much as possible; if there is anything you'd prefer seeing, let me know. Last but not least, i'm never too busy to discuss Kid Cudi.


No comments:

Post a Comment