a stressed out student trying to make it in the fashion journalism industry.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

thought of the day


I am constantly busy.
If i'm not doing school work, i'm writing an article, running around, taking pictures, researching trends, and trying to find time to relax. As much as I question working this hard all the time while other people my age have time to work out, chill out, and party, i have to remember that i'm doing it all for a reason. I plan on writing for Vogue magazine. Clearly, that chance is one a trillion. If i didn't do anything, i wouldn't even be where i am now. I wouldn't even have the slightest bit of my ankle boot in the door of of the fashion industry. I love being an editor for Carbon Magazine, i love everything i do. I do this free willingly, not because i have too. I have 4 internships and love every second of it. 3 will not count for any school credit because they are strictly fashion design as opposed to fashion journalism, but i do everything for the love of it and the experience. This quote means everything to me, because it's so bluntly true. You don't get into Vogue by watching TV in your old softball shorts, get into Vogue busting your ass and looking fabulous doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment